Hello friend! I’m Carolina (Karolena).
As a Physical Therapist of 22 years, Expert Myofascial Release Practitioner and Health Coach, I help people who are in pain to move more freely, to feel happy and be free from pain. I also help athletes to achieve their greatest physical results without achiness or stiffness.
At the core of my work is the belief that true healing happens when we free up past trauma that might be holding you back from solving pain, tightness, thinking clearly or feeling yourself. I also whole-heartedly believe that medicine should take into consideration the body, mind and spirit.
A lot of my patients come to be with these common problems:
- They are achy and stiff most of the time
- They feel like they are walking around in a mental fog because of their pain
- They are going round and round in circles looking for help to control their pain
- Medical professionals make them feel like they are crazy or making up your symptoms.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Let me tell you, dear friend, you are in the right place, I am here to help you with the full-body approach of Myofascial Release Therapy. I have helped hundreds of people to live their life in full where the pain is no longer an issue.
Through one-on-one private treatment sessions, I combine my knowledge, my manual therapy skills achieved through my years of experience with my intuition to find and treat the problematic areas causing you body misalignments and tissue restrictions. As we eliminate those, pain and tightness fade away and you will be able to live your life in full.
What makes me different from the other therapist is what I call my superpowers – gentle and caring nature along with compassion. It makes me accountable to not only provide you with the highest expertise in Myofascial Release in the area but also ensures that you will be nurtured, listened and care for while we work together. I also pull from my training as a Health Coach for a more whole-bodied approach to your healing. One of my favorite sayings is “Let the food be your medicine.”
Helping people to feel better, live better, be healthier makes me excited to get to work every day.
“Thank you so much Carolina, for helping me get much, much better. My back pain is past now. You taught a lot also, which will continue to help me, love you much”
“I have reached the point of good mobility due to the hard work and care given to me. Carolina’s technique, patience and encouragement kept me moving forward to recovery. She always exhibited professionalism and empathy.”
Russell J Reinhart
Since I was a child I knew I wanted to be a medical professional, working with people one on one taking them from point A to point B, holding their hand through the whole process. Both of my parents were doctors so my first thought was I was going to be a doctor as well. But as time passed, I started realizing doctors don’t get to enjoy their life because they are working most of the time, missing a lot of the personal enjoyment and family quality time.
At the age of 17, I made the decision to be a Physical Therapist and during my school years and early practice I felt my career was a perfect fit for me. It gave me the opportunity to help people feel better, to overcome serious physical restrictions and recover their lives.
But as time went on, I started experiencing frustration because a lot of patients kept coming back to therapy with the same problems after stopping therapy. Results were not always lasting and some problems were not completely solved. I felt there was more that I could do for my patients.
As luck would have it, I serendipitously was introduced to Myofascial Release and began learning the technique. During a training session where I was on the receiving end the treatment, I had a PROFOUND healing experience. While getting instantaneous relief of neck pain during treatment, I had an experience where I could see that the memories of childhood fears and emotional trauma were causing my pain. It was so healing and powerful!
I can say without a doubt Myofascial Release has changed my life personally and professionally.
For my personal growth it has been a powerful tool to release the past trauma that I have in my fascia – and when I said trauma I am not talking about only major trauma. I call trauma everything that has caused an impact in you or me, something that has made us change the way we perceive life. It has helped me recover my true self, by releasing all that trauma, I have been able to re-signify my past experiences, get rid of fears and love myself and others deeper.
Professionally as a Physical Therapist, it has provided me with the skills to help people for real, to achieve long term results. It continues to amaze me how far Myofascial release can take somebody, to do things they thought were not possible. I live in constant gratitude for doing what I do.
Now I have returning patients as well as regular patients but the reason is because they want to get better and better, because they want to go deeper on their healing journey, because they want to keep feeling as good and keep coming back for Myofascial release to get out of their tissue unresolved every day issues or trauma.
This constant awe about myofascial release has kept me going back for more and more training, it feels like it is never enough.
I truly believe in natural medicine, I am a fan of essential oils and herbalism. One of my slogans is let the food be your medicine. I think medicine should keep people healthy not treat illnesses. That is why I became a Health Coach.
To get started on your new you make an appointment now for your initial evaluation.
In case you are curious about what I enjoy when I am not working with patients….
- I am a strong latina woman from Colombia. It’s a beautiful country in the Northwest corner of South America, with coasts on the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean, crossed by the Andes mountain range. It has no seasons other than a rainy season and a dry season, but has every single weather from winter (snow) to humid or dry summer depending on the area of the country you are at for the entire year.
- I’m a certified angel therapist, but do not do this for work. I only use these skills to help me keep connected to my higher self, my intuition and calm my monkey mind.
- I begin every day with a meditation, a prayer and some Myofascial release self-treatment.
- I love good coffee but I am not a regular coffee drinker.
- Dancing is my happy place, I can dance most of every rhythm. Dancing makes me forget about the rest of the world.
- I don’t like watching TV. I prefer reading; I am a student at heart.
- I love working out and challenging myself, which does not always work in my favor. Thanks God for Myofascial Release!
- I always can enjoy a Margarita or two; if there are no margaritas, I can take one mimosa.
- I love citrus flavors the bitter the better.
- My biggest love is my family, my hubby and my brilliant 23-year daughter.
- We enjoy traveling.
- Other religions and cultures make me very curious.
- I was raised Catholic but I don’t really practice any religion. I came to the conclusion I believe in God but I decided to worship on my every day, helping others, doing good every time I can and constantly working on a better me.
Degrees, certifications and trainings
- Master in Physical Therapy, Universidad de Nuestra Senora del Rosario Bogota Colombia.
- Advance Myofascial Release Practitioner, John F Barnes approach
- Health Coach, United States Health Foundation
- MPS Scar and Cranial Suture Release, Acumed Medical Ltd.
- Cranio Sacral Therapist, Jacques Calwe Institute – Brussels Belgium
- Total Therapy Practitioner (Myofascial Release, Microcurrent Stimulation), Jacques Calwe Institut – Brussels Belgium.
- Alternative Therapy for The Spine, Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Sra del Rosario – Bogota Colombia.
- Amputee Rehabilitation, Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Sra del Rosario
- Hand Rehabilitation, Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Sra del Rosario
- Exercise Physiologist, Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Sra del Rosario.
Myofascial Release Training
- Fascial Healing
- MFR I
- MFR II
- Advance Unwinding
- Cervical Thoracic
- Fascial Pelvis
- Skill Enhancement Seminar
- Fascial Cranium
- Quantum Leap
…and several repeats.
- Latinos Who is Who – Successful Professionals in USA (2010)
- The Best In Patient Care – American Health Council (2019)
- Decorated Affiliate – American Health Council (2020)